New European Bauhaus
The Commission launched, at the same time as the Renovation wave strategy, the initiative on the New European Bauhaus. The initiative is both a network and a contact point at the crossroads between culture, social inclusion and innovation. The New European Bauhaus unfolds in 3 phases: Co-design, Delivery and Dissemination. The design phase was launched on 18 January 2021 and will lead to the opening of calls for proposals later in 2021 to bring New European Bauhaus ideas to life in at least 5 places in EU countries, through the use of EU funds at national and regional level.
EPF intends to become an active Partner together with architects, designers and other relevant stakeholders of the New European Bauhaus to showcase the sustainability, affordability & aesthetics potential of wood-based panels. The New European Bauhaus is a movement and is considered an ideal platform for the natural material construction and furniture products made by EPF members. A conference to inspire a New European Bauhaus conversation within the sector is currently in development.
- The New European Bauhaus – A Vision for Europe (Ursula von der Leyen)
- EPRS – At a Glance – Cohesion Policy Contribution to New European Bauhaus
- A New EU Bauhaus: Factsheet
- New European Bauhaus Explained
- Press statement by President von der Leyen on the New European Bauhaus
- RSW – The New European Bauhaus – COM(2020) 662final
- New European Bauhaus : beautiful, sustainable, together. (europa.eu)