The European Panel Federation, representing the European manufacturers of particleboard, MDF, OSB, hardboard, softboard and plywood, is proud to present the 22nd issue of its Annual Report published on the occasion of its Managing Board Meeting on 17 June 2020.
This reference handbook for the wood-based panels industry in Europe and globally, which is also available electronically on USB-card, covers the following chapters:
- Position of the Western European wood-based panels industry within the woodworking industry
- The particleboard, MDF, OSB, fibreboard and plywood industries in the EPF member countries in 2019 – Facts and figures
- The particleboard, MDF, OSB, fibreboard and plywood industries in other parts of the world (Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Iran, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Russia, Serbia, Turkey and USA)
- User Industries (building, furniture, flooring materials)
- Trade issues including Customs Tariffs, the Harmonised System and the New Combined Nomenclature
- Technical, Environmental and High-Level Advocacy Issues
The special topics for the 2019/20 issue are:
- Future Two Billion Homes and Horizon Net-Zero Carbon: A turning point for pan-global increase in timber construction by Prof Sean Smith, Director of the Institute for Sustainable Construction at Edinburgh Napier University
- Wood Products and Wood-Based Panels (WBP) in Construction by Frank Goecke, Director of AFRY Management Consulting
- Russian end-use markets developments for wood-based panels
- Plywood and Panel Industry in India – Current scenario by Dr. C.N. Pandey, Principal Technical Advisor of the Federation of Indian Plywood & Panel Industry
- Thailand’s Wood-Based Panels Industry by PingHsun Huang, Secretary General of the Thai Panel Product Industry Club
- Malaysian Wood-Based Panels – A diversity of choice by Agnes Seah, Regional Head of the Malaysian Timber Council Europe
- The European Green deal – A once in a lifetime opportunity for wood-based panels?
The book also includes maps showing the location of all particleboard, MDF, OSB, fibreboard and plywood factories in all countries covered.
A booklet is provided together with the EPF Annual Report, which contains the list of all particleboard, MDF, OSB, hardboard, softboard and plywood producers affiliated to EPF, with their product specialisation and full contact details. It also lists the national EPF member associations, the associated EPF members and the institutes collaborating with EPF.
You are most welcome to purchase a printed copy of the EPF Annual Report 2019/2020 + USB-card at the price of 1490 EUR and the EPF Annual Report 2018/2019 + 2019/2020 at the price of 1590 EUR (prices without VAT).