The European Panel Federation, representing the European manufacturers of particleboard, MDF, OSB,
hardboard, softboard and plywood producers, is proud to present the 17th issue of its Annual Report published
on the occasion of its Annual General Meeting in Venice, Italy (6 – 8 July 2016).
This reference handbook for the wood-based panels industry in Europe and globally, which is also available
electronically on USB-card, covers the following topics:
* Position of the Western European wood-based panels industry within the woodworking industry
* The particleboard, MDF, OSB, fibreboard and plywood industry in the EPF member countries in 2015 -
Facts and figures
* The particleboard, MDF, OSB, fibreboard and plywood industry in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe
* The particleboard, MDF, OSB, fibreboard and plywood industry in other parts of the world (Australia, Brazil,
Canada, China, Iran, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Russia, Serbia, Uruguay and USA)
* User Industries (building, furniture, flooring materials)
* Trade issues including Customs Tariffs, the Harmonised System and the New Combined Nomenclature
* Environmental and High-Level Advocacy Issues
The special topics for the 2015/16 issue are:
• Expo Milan 2015 – A showcase for Building with Wood! by EPF staff.
• The Paris Agreement by Mrs Silvia Melegari, Secretary General of EOS.
• EPF for Africa by EPF staff.
• The furniture industry in Europe by Mrs Cecilia Pisa from the Centre for Industrial Studies (CSIL).
• Plywood anti-dumping measures by Mr Bernard Chevaldonnet, former Director-General of the Union des
Fabricants de Contreplaqué (UFC).
• A retrospective of EPF’s achievements 2004-2015 under the Presidency of Mr L. Döry.
The book also includes maps showing the location of all particleboard, MDF, OSB, fibreboard and plywood
factories in all countries covered.
A booklet is provided together with the EPF Annual Report, which contains the list of all particleboard,
MDF, OSB, hardboard, softboard and plywood producers affiliated to EPF, with their product specialisation
and full contact details.
It also lists the national EPF member associations, the associated EPF members and the institutes
collaborating with EPF.
You are most welcome to purchase a printed copy of the EPF Annual Report 2015/16 at the price
of 900 EUR. The price of the handbook + USB-card amounts to 1,400 EUR (prices without VAT).
The detailed table of contents and an order form are available at the EPF Secretariat on request.
Brussels, July 2016